Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Blog!

Happy New Years everyone!

2013, we have made it.
I've decided to start a nail blog so I can share my nails with whoever wants to see them instead of posting them randomly on Instagram (which I will still do.. hah!). This isn't the first time I've started a blog, but hopefully I can stick with it this time!

For my first post I want to show my collection of nail polishes! Like many others, I store mine in a Helmer from IKEA. I was iffy about getting it at first but I absolutely LOVE it! I have drawers sorted by color (except for the glitter/flakies).

 Drawer 1 - Glitters/Flakies
 Drawer 2 - Purple
 Drawer 3 - Blue
 Drawer 4 - Black/Silver/White/Green
 Drawer 5 - Pink/Red
 Drawer 6 - Yellow/Orange/Brown/Gold
 Homemade Shelf for special/favorite polishes.
The unit from the outside!

And that's my polish stash right now! It's a little more than 300 I believe, not too many compared to others but it's slowly climbing! I'm just being more picky now instead of buying whatever polishes come out.

First post and hopefully many more to come!

Chrystal.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I just started a nail art blog today too, so I thought I would come and say hello. (I found you through The Crumpet)

    I like your setup. I wish I could keep my polish neatly stored like that. Mine is on pretty much every surface lol.

    Also, LOVE the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and good luck with your blog!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I, too, found you through The Crumpet on FB. I keep my polish on shelves and was just thinking I need a better storage setup. Maybe a trip to ikea is in my future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yeah I used to keep mine on three different shelves but I ran out of wall space so I switched to the Helmer, definitely worth it!

      Delete
  3. haha i saw your post on the crumpet's fb page too! congrats on your new blog :) right now i have all my polishes in melmers. i have 8 of them filled so far! can't wait to see more posts :)

    ReplyDelete