Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Stamping: Tape and Stamp

Hello!

Today I have a Sunday stamping challenge post! This week's challenge is "tape and stamp". I am horrible at striping tape manicures so I wanted to go simple. I had a hard time coming up with an idea for this one that showed off the stamping AND the taping! This is what I came up with..

First I did a base color of China Glaze - I'm With the Lifeguard. The only time I've used this polish was on my toes so I figured I would use it on my hands for once! This neon shimmery green is gorgeous, and it applied nicely in two coats. It didn't even need a white base!

(Excuse my cuticles in this one :/ )

Next, I stamped a small black image on my nail from plate SH18.


And finally, I taped off the sides of the stamp and applied black polish! I think the neon green/black contrast looks really nice.



I was close to giving up on this challenge but I finally figured out something that worked and I'm pretty happy with how this came out. 

Also, I start my classes again tomorrow so I hope I can keep up with posting. I plan on doing the new "lazy" 31 day challenge starting on February 1st so I think everything will be fine! This will be my first challenge and I could not be more excited!

Chrystal




No comments:

Post a Comment