Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Stamping: With an Accent Nail

Hello!

Today I have another Sunday Stamping challenge manicure! This week's challenge is "with an accent nail". I used a very special glitter for my accent nail. I wasn't sure if the accent HAD to have stamping so I have two versions. One without stamping on the glitter and one with stamping on the glitter.

For the base color I used Color Club - Catwalk Queen. It is a dark purple/plum color with shimmers. I used Color Club - Gingerbread Man as the stamping which is a gold foil that is scented like gingerbread!
This is Shany plate 25. I used the honeycomb looking stamp because I was trying to incorporate the glitter so that it would "flow" since the glitter is honeycomb shaped.
Now this glitter polish is very special to me because I won it in a giveaway last year, 2012, from Chalkboard Nails. It is called Honeycomb by Lacquistry and it is gold holographic glitters of different sizes in honeycomb looking shapes. These glitters dance in the sun. It's gorgeous in person! The pictures don't do it justice but trust me, this manicure is really cool.

(outside no flash)

(flash outside)

For these two I ended up adding some stamping to the accent nail, this is FAB UR NAILS Fun1 Plate - it's a sun.



Here are some bottle shots!


It's like a disco! WOO

Hope you like it as much as I do! Although.. I do wish that I had did a solid coat of Honeycomb for the accent nail instead of just putting one coat over the base color. Next time!

Chrystal

No comments:

Post a Comment