Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Liebster Award!

Hello!

So on the second of February, I received a comment on one of my posts by a blogger named Cazzy Durcan from Specialgirlnails saying that she nominated me for a Liebster Award!

This award is given to bloggers with under 200 followers and according to her post, it helps to spread awareness to other blogs and makes them feel good. I definitely felt good when I got nominated! I only have 7 followers but that's already more than I thought I would have (0) so I am extremely proud of my blog. I love being able to show my nails, whether they're elaborate designs or just simple swatches. I am glad to see that others like them as well.

TO DO:
1)Post 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
3) Ask 11 questions to the people you are nominating
4) Find 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, and nominate them!


About Myself:
1.) I am a food server (waitress) and even though one would think my nails would be ruined, they almost never chip!
2.) I have two dogs, a bulldog and a pug.
3.) I go to college full time and plan on getting my Bachelors in Biological Sciences.
4.) I am also seriously considering going to nail school. 
5.) I am obsessed with the Foo Fighters and I love 90's music.
6.) Pizza is my favorite food.. including pizza rolls.
7.) When I get older I plan on adopting a mini dachshund.
8.) Fall is my favorite season.
9.) I love watching YouTube vlogs. (and other videos)
10.) When I was younger I was a huge tomboy. Now here I am with a nail blog! haha
11.) I love frozen yogurt self-serve places!!!!

Now here are the questions asked by Cazzy!!

1) What is your favourite polish? Brand, or shade
My favorite polish currently is Mermaid Dreams by Deborah Lippmann.

2) If you created a polish, what would it be like?
This is hard to answer because there are already so many polishes out that I would have wanted to create! Maybe a polish that flashes every color of the rainbow, like a super multichrome, that doesn't need a base color (like black)!

3) What's the most difficult nail art technique you have tried?
STRIPING TAPE. It looks so easy but I think my nails are really rounded and it never comes out crisp? I'm still practicing though.

4) What's your biggest lemming (the polish you most want but don't have)?
Possibly China Glaze DV8. I have HITS Hera, which is a holographic teal.. but it's not as linear and beautiful like DV8. 

5) What do you prefer to post/read about? Swatches, or nail art?
I love reading both! If I had to choose, swatches. Only because I usually don't have time to do nail art, unless it's stamping.

6) What is your best polish bargain?
Getting my Color Club Halo Hues at the beauty supply store I go to. They were only 4.95 each! (or 3.95?  I can't remember) but WOW I was shocked!! They have amazing deals on any brand!

7) How important is neat polish/cuticle cleanup to you?
To be honest, I NEVER clean my cuticles.. I just take a shower the next day/wash my hands a lot and the extra polish falls off. Then I take pictures! I only clean up if I do nail art such as stamping or freehand/watermarble. I don't mind looking at people's picture with unclean cuticles because I think what matters most is the color/art, etc.

8) What are you wearing on your nails right now?
Color Club - Eternal Beauty.

9) What is you favourite nail shape?
Squoval (is that how it's spelled?)

10) What do you think the next polish trend will be?
Holographic! Even though it has been out for quit awhile.. But I think that many brands are going to do a version this year. So far, it seems that textured nails are huge right now, also.

11) If you were in complete isolation, like on a desert island, would you still paint your nails? 
Of course. I paint my nails for my own personal pleasure! I love showing others too (hence the blog) but I think painting my nails is really relaxing and fun.

Here are the 11 blogs I nominate!

Zachy's Nail Buzz

GypsyV talks Beauty

Nail Therapy

Chameleon Stampede

Rainy Day Nails

10 Fickle Fingers

Polished at Heart

Nail Polish Lane

Joyluscious

All the pretty things

Elfleidy's Stuff

My 11 Questions to you:

1.) What made you start a blog?
2.) What do you like to do when you aren't polishing?
3.) What is your favorite nail polish? ( or color if you can't decide)
4.) How do you get inspired when you do your nails?
5.) Do you do nail art or swatches?
6.) How often do you do your nails?
7.) What are a few of your favorite blogs to read? (nail related or not?)
8.) How many polishes do you own?
9.) Are you looking forward to any upcoming collections?
10.) Where do you keep your polishes?
11.) What is your favorite nail design/technique?

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I love frozen yogurt and pizza as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Thanks for nominating us! It was neat seeing how many similarities we have, besides nails! I majored in bio too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me. I appreciate it. Now how do I get the badge lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! You know how you can add pictures to the sidebar? What I did was save a picture of the badge and upload it to the sidebar. I hope you know what I'm talking about lol And I added you to my cirlce on Google+ since I finally figured that whole thing out!

      Delete
    2. lol I know what you mean. Thanks again!

      Delete