Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Laid Back 31DC - Day 11 - Splatter

Hello,

Today is day 10 of this Laid Back 31DC and the theme is splatter. This was my first time doing a splatter technique and it was so fun! A little messy.. but still. 

This is a pastel splatter for Spring which is coming very very soon (even we just had a snow storm here where I live). I was never a fan of pastels but I'm suddenly addicted.. 

First, I used a base color of Sinful Colors - Sugar Rush. This is a powder blue from the new Sugar Rush collection.



The colors I used for the splatter are: Sinful Colors - Candy Coated (light purple), China Glaze - Re-fresh Mint (light green), and Color Club - Yum Gum (light pink scented like bubble gum).




For the splatter, I dipped a straw with the smallest circumference I could find directly into the bottle of polish. I made sure that the bottom hole of the straw was blocked with polish and then I quickly blew into the straw over my nail. It was messy but manageable. I love the look!

Chrystal



1 comment: