Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Laid Back 31DC - Day 15 - Water Color

Hello!

Today is day 15 of the 31 DC and the design is WATER COLOR.

To be honest, I had never heard of this technique until a few weeks ago. I was a little confused on how to do it so I looked up a few blogs and videos and came up with a way.

How I did this was to drop a little blob of polish onto a paper plate, get an art brush and dip it in water, and then mix the water into the polish to make it a thin consistency. When I applied it to my nail (which I had mattified), it came out water color-y! I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it but it worked for me. For this particular design, I just did random lines of different colors.

Colors used (on white matte base): China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy (my all-time favorite neon pink!!!), Finger Paints - Blue Raspberry Taffy, Finger Paints - Iconic Orange, Sation - Miss Emo Shun All


Then... I added some stamping! The lines are from BM316 and the flower is SH13 - with black Konad polish.

 



I'm in love with these!! The colors, the stamping.. WOO! I haven't been happy about my nails for awhile so it's refreshing to finally be satisfied with them!

*edit* so apparently you are supposed to use acetone to get the water color effect.. oops

Chrystal

No comments:

Post a Comment