Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Laid Back 31DC - Day 9 - Saran Wrap

Hey

Today is day 9 of the laid back challenge and the theme is "saran wrap". Using saran wrap is a quick way to add a little style to a simple manicure. All you have to do is crinkle up a small piece of saran wrap and dab it on your nail.

This is how I did it: Paint a base color, then do a coat of another color polish, and dab the saran wrap right onto the wet polish. It comes out looking marbled. 

I used three colors for this look. First, a base color of Zoya - Apple (two coats). A green with a ton of sparkle.



Then, I painted a thin coat of China Glaze - Re-fresh Mint (light green) and dabbed the saran wrap. I added another thin coat of polish, this time using Urban Outfitters - Bandeau (dark purple), and saran wrapped again. I think it looks pretty cool! The colors sort of remind of the Hulk.




Chrystal 

Check out the other manicures!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! And I seriously had no idea Apple had all that sparkle-- gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! I love the colour combo and how the base coat is sparkly :) lovely nails

    Thanks so much for the follow too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They remind me of water! very cute x

    ReplyDelete